Summer brings longer days and warmer evenings and fun, free concerts the whole family will enjoy! Grab a blanket or a low-back chair and bring your picnic basket to relax and enjoy some great music.
In Fremont, the Niles Plaza Niles Concert in the Park is on September 18th at the Niles Plaza located at 37592 Niles Blvd. Live music begins at noon!
- Sunday, September 18th ~ a local band
In Newark, enjoy the Annual Mariachi Festival from 1:00-4:00 pm at Shirley Sisk Grove on Cedar Blvd. at NewPark Mall. Bring a blanket or low-back chairs and a picnic dinner to enjoy.
- Sunday, July 24th ~ Mariachi Festival
In Fremont, the Central Park Summer Concert Series returns with the scenic backdrop of beautiful Lake Elizabeth. The 2022 concerts take place between July 7 and August 11 and will feature a variety of musical genres and performers.
All concerts are held at the Central Park Performance Pavilion (next to 40204 Paseo Padre Pkwy) on Thursdays from 6:00 to 8:00 pm and are free and open to the public. Parking lots near the concert venue fill up by 5:00 pm, so plan to arrive early if you want a good spot.
- July 7th ~ East Bay Mudd
- July 14th ~ Briefcase Blues Brothers
- July 21st ~ Almost Famous
- July 28th ~ Big Bang Beat
- August 4th ~ Jukebox Heroes
- August 11th ~ Aja Vu
Concerts are on Thursdays and free and open to the public. Arrive early if you want a good spot. All concerts are held at the Central Park Performance Pavilion.
BBQs are not allowed in the concert venue area.
In Fremont, at The Block (near KoJa Kitchen) on Friday nights from 7:00-9:00 pm, you can enjoy live music. 43330 Pacific Commons Blvd. at The Block.
- June 24th ~ Nancy Wenstrom and the Insiders
- July 22nd ~ Gary Flores Trio
- August 26th ~ Tin Man
- September 23rd ~ Last One Picked
In Newark, Groovin' at the Grove happens on Friday nights from 6:00 to 7:30 pm at Shirley Sisk Grove on Cedar Blvd. at NewPark Mall. Bring a blanket or low-back chairs and a picnic dinner to enjoy. Gates open at 4:00 pm with live music from 6:00 to 7:30 pm. Bands to be announced.
Every Saturday in August and September from 5:30 to 8:00 pm enjoy Union Landing’s Summertime Sounds Music Series. Enjoy performances that pair perfectly with dinner on the outdoor patio at nearby restaurants. Located across from Century Theatres.
- August 6th ~ The Dix Bruce Swing Trio
- August 13th ~ Joey T and Friends (Latin & Contemporary Rock & Roll)
- August 20th ~ The Jaques Ibula Trio (Mix of Blues, Folk, Soul, and Reggae)
- August 27th ~ Charlie Barreda and Friends (Latin Jazz mix of Mambo, Cha Cha, Bolero, Bossa Nova, and Samba)
- September 3rd ~ Tropic XX (Steel Drum music from Jamaica, Trinidad, Granada, Haiti, and St. Croix)
- September 10th ~ Hipster Cocktail Party (Funk and Rhythm & Blues)
- September 17th ~ The Donna Spitzer Trio (Jazz, Blues, Jump, Big Band, and Swing)
- September 24th ~ Charlie Barreda and Friends (Motown, Rhythm & Blues, and Salsa)
Events may be canceled due to poor weather. Please confirm details before going.
Like what you see here and want to get all of the local fun delivered right to your inbox weekly? Subscribe to our FREE weekly calendar HERE for the 411 on all of the local family fun in Fremont, Newark, and Union City!