This class will guide you step by step on how to draw a simple cat portrait using pencil, and then paint it using gouache paints. You do not need any drawing or painting experience to join this class and this project is suitable for teens. This project will also work for watercolors and acrylics, but oils are not recommended (the suggested supplies below are the materials the instructor will be using). You may paint the same cat as the instructor or you are welcome to change up the details and paint your own furry friend! (The guide for drawing the cat is linked below, as well as the reference we will be using)
Recommended Age: All Ages
Skill Level: Beginner
WHAT YOU NEED
- Water in a bowl or cup to rinse brushes
- Paper towel or napkins
- Something to trace or draw a 3-4 inch circle with.
- Small Round watercolor Brushes (any sizes between 2 and 10 will work) (Round Watercolor Brush Set by Artist's Loft® Necessities™ Item # 10059395)
- Gouache paint – we will mostly use white, black, yellow ochre, pale green, and crimson red (12 Color Gouache Paint by Artist's Loft™ Necessities™ Item # 10184746)
- Watercolor strength paper or canvas at least 6 inches wide and tall. (Watercolor Pad by Artist's Loft™, 6" x 9" Item # 10555588)
- Paint pallet of your choice (Paper Palette Pad by Artist's Loft®, 9" x 12" Item # 10552994)
- Scissors (to trim loose brush hairs)
- Ruler (if you are particular about making straight lines, optional)
- Click here to download the reference
- Click here to download the step by step
We always recommend confirming details before attending.