The kids were carving their pumpkins and I noticed the large pieces that would soon be discarded. Instantly thought it would be easy to make something yummy out of them and the result was tasty! Serve as a snack or a side dish.
At Macaroni KID, we skip the fluff and get straight to the good stuff. No need to scroll through pages of unnecessary content — our recipes are easy to find. Now let's get cooking!
Roasted Pumpkin Bites
- Pumpkin scraps
- Olive oil
- Your favorite seasonings/spices (Go savory with garlic powder, chili powder, sea salt, Parmesan chese, rosemary, paprika. Or go sweet with nutmeg, cinnamon, brown sugar, maple syrup - try using coconut oil instead of olive oil for sweet options)
- Take the scraps, cut off the skin, and cut them into bite-sized pieces.
- Toss the pumpkin pieces with the oil and the seasonings.
- Layer on baking sheet (use parchment paper or cooking spray) or put in air fryer.
- Cook in oven at 425' for about 30 minutes or until tender (check with a fork). Larger pieces will take longer and smaller pieces may be done sooner. OR cook in air fryer at 400' for about 10 minutes. Flip them and cook for another 8-10 minutes until tender and crisp.
Jennifer Hill is the publisher of Macaroni KID Fremont, Calif.