Chocolate chip cookies are always a favorite with everyone and this recipe is really yummy.
My family has been using this recipe for the best chocolate chip cookies ever since I was a child. They are seriously the best! Enjoy!
What you need:
- 2 1/2 cups Old Fashioned rolled oats
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 12 oz. package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 4 oz milk chocolate bar, chopped or grated (we don't add this)
- Optional: 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts or pecans
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Blend oats in a food processor until very finely ground (almost consistency of flour).
- In a large mixing bowl, add the ground oats, flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder and whisk together. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar with mixer until well combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and then add the vanilla. Set your mixer on low speed and very slowly add in the bowl of dry ingredients.
- Add the chocolate chips, chopped chocolate bar, and nuts, if using, and mix in.
- Use a large spoon and scoop dough into rounds about the same size and place them about 2 inches apart on a greased cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Refrigerate dough between batches.
- Allow baked cookies to cool for several minutes on baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Store baked cookies in an airtight container.