This is a fun recipe that kids (and adults) of all ages will love.
What you will need:
- 1 box chocolate cake mix (prepare as directed on box)
- 4 cups chocolate pudding
- 16 oz whipped topping
- 9 oz chocolate wafer cookies or chocolate bear-shaped grahams
- 4.5 oz package gummy worms
*You will also need a large bowl or a CLEAN sand bucket to create this in.
- Prepare and bake cake as directed on box.
- After baking is complete, it is time to chop up your masterpiece! Just take a knife and cut the cake into cubes. No need to be neat or exact, this can be done right in the pan it was baked in.
- Let cubed cake sit until cool.
- Crush chocolate wafers/grahams. This can be done in a food processor or by placing them in a plastic baggie and crushing them with a can, rolling pin, etc. My kiddos like to crush them with their plastic hammers.
Time to create:
- Place 1/2 of the cake into the bottom of the bowl/bucket.
- Layer 1/2 of the whipped topping on top of the cake.
- Spread 2 cups of pudding on to the whipped topping.
- Repeat steps 1, 2 and 3. The top layer of pudding should be smooth and about 1/2 - 1 inch from the top of the bowl/bucket.
- Pour crushed wafer/graham pieces evenly over the top of the pudding.
- Place gummy worms in dirt.
You can either use a serving spoon or shovel to serve this!!
You can also make individual serving size Worms and Dirt! The directions are the same, just build it in paper or plastic cups. In the photos below, I used edible Easter grass.