What you need:
- One 16 oz. can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- One 16 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- One 11 oz. can corn
- Two 16 oz. cans tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup taco seasoning mix OR one 1.25 oz. packet taco seasoning mix
- One 1 oz. packet dry ranch dressing (I use Hidden Valley Ranch)
- One lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- One cup water (or more, if you'd like)
- Optional: avocado, guacamole, shredded cheese, green onions, black olives, tortilla chips
The first thing I do when using my slow cooker is put in a liner - an awesome bag that fits inside the slow cooker to make clean up a breeze!!
Drain and rinse beans and add to slow cooker. Add corn, tomato sauce, ranch dressing and taco seasoning and stir in. Add one to two cups of water - less if you like thicker soup. Add raw chicken breasts.
Cook on low for 5 hours. Pull out chicken and it will easily pull apart. Stir the chicken back in.
Serve garnished with avocado or guacamole, shredded cheese, green onions, black olives, sour cream and/or tortilla chips, if desired.