You will need:
- Inexpensive white canvas shoes (we got ours at Walmart for $5)
- Permanent colored markers, such as Sharpies
- Scotch Guard or another brand of waterproofing fabric spray
- Decide what design you would like to create on your shoes. Pencil can be used to draw out a pattern or you can design as you go.
- Use permanent markers to color shoes. Start with lighter colors like yellow first. This way the yellow marker's tip does not get stained by the other colors. Note: the color will bleed a little so press lightly on the shoes with the markers.
- Let the finished shoes dry according to Scotch Guard directions.
- Spray very lightly with scotch guard. If you spray too heavily, the colors will bleed! Let the scotch guard dry for a few hours then spray again and let dry overnight.
- Wear your shoe art with pride!